cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production - Return Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my system, the Receipt From Production screen includes a button that says "Return Components". My customer needs to do this on occasion, but their system does not display this button. Both systems are version 8.8 PL 18. Is there some system setting to turn on this feature?

Thanks,

Marcia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcia,

What is the issue method for the production order?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue method is manual, since the component is managed by batches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you do not have that return option because of the batch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I tried it in my test system with a batch-managed component. The option to return components was still there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, something is wrong with your data. Is the order already closed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it's a data problem - it exists even on a blank screen. The button for Return Components is simply not there. I will post a message to SAP support. Thanks for your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a good idea to log a support message now. You may also check if there are any SP, FMS or add-on running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Gordon. Your last comment hit the mark. This company has a very extensive and complex add-on. Since it only involves Production in a very limited way, I didn't think it would be relevant. But when I turned the add-on off, the button magically appeared. I'll have my developers look at it and see if there is some reason why the feature is turned off.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is Assembly BOM Type available in Bill Of Materlials and DIsassembly production order tyep is available in the system ?

Thanks

Manvendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, both are available.