cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check against transference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

My cumulative ATP is not considering transference so I have been problem to confirm order. Although my check instruction is set up with category BH, AG,BI and BF.

Scenary:

Product: ABC

Plant: Plant X / Plant Y

Transference: From: Planx --ABC-> To Planty (There is a Transportation Lane created)

Inicial Stock: Stk (Plant X) = 3000 Plant Y(100)

I executed MRP in plant Y then in plant X. When I started analize the result, I noticed that demand from plant Y creates a requirement to plant X. The material ABC is an external procurement in plant Y so a purchase requirement (PurRqs) was created instead of PReqRel in Plant X

My MRP scenery is described bellow:

product: ABC/Plant X

STK 3000

SO 2000 (not confirmed)

PReqRel -2000

The cumulative ATP doesn´t consider the PReqRel to promise data. So, My order would be confirmed completly if execute ATP by BOP or VA.

My expected result is 1000 of confirmed order instead 2000.

How it is appearing in production view:

/sapapo/rrp3

Field: ATP

Av. req. date 13.12.2011

Av. Reqments time 00:00:00

Category PurRqs

Rec. Reqmsnt Element 500000001006

Rec. Reqmts qty 10.000

Confirmed/ Request 10.000

Cumulative ATP (The same as before)

ATP quantity/ Unit -

-

I would be glad with your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thiago,

There are two distinct events: Planning, and ATP.

I executed MRP in plant Y then in plant X. When I started analyze the result, I noticed that demand from plant Y creates a requirement to plant X.

This is normal in Stock transfer.

The material ABC is an external procurement in plant Y

This is normal for Stock Transfer.

so a purchase requirement (PurRqs) was created instead of PReqRel in Plant X

Don't confuse 'supply' and 'demand'. In Y, you should generate a supply element which will be a PurRqs. In X, these same elements will be considered as 'demand', and these demand elements will be called "PReqRel". They will have the same order numbers as the PurRqs in plant Y. They are both part of the same order structure.

In Plant X, when you afterward run MRP, these PReqRel requirements may generate shortages, and MRP will in turn create proposals to fill the shortages. If the X product is external, then these proposals will also be created as PurRqs, which is a supply element.

So far, an ATP has probably not been done on anything. This means that the PReqRel requirement in X is unconfirmed. You can check this by looking at the 'Conf. qty.' column in //rrp3, in either plant X or plant Y.

Now you say you want to do an ATP for your Sales order. You say that the SO is against plant X, but when you describe the ATP tab, you do not mention the stock, nor the Sales order, nor the PReqRel you previously stated exists. Are you in fact describing the ATP tab of plant Y?. If the sales order is against plant X, then Y info is irrelevant.

So, where is the sales order?

Also, you mention that your ATP considers AG. If you have run MRP in plant X, and there are existing PurRqs in X, they will be considered as 'supply', and may be used to confirm the Sales order. You also did not mention stock of any kind. You cannot confirm against stock unless you include it in the Check Control scope of check (category CC or similar).

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, thank you for your answer.

I agree with you in my example there are two sittuations: planning and ATP.

I mentionated the planning sittuation just to present the scenary. I know the requiments and transfer have been occuried as planned.

The ATP was not working properly to confirm sales order because of ATP confirmation in requirements as you mencionated. ( You solved my issue)

In other words, If I don´t confirm requisition, I´ll have more availability than real for sales order ATP.

Situation 1 - Requirements not confirmed

Plant X

STK 3000

SO 2000 (not confirmed)

PReqRel -2000

ATP (Sales Order):

Situation 2- Requirements confirmed

Plant X

STK 3000

SO 2000 (not confirmed)

PReqRel -2000

ATP (Sales Order):

Could I do the atp in requirement automatically? How could I set it up?

Thank you again about your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thiago,

Many companies periodically run BackOrderProcessing to 'mass' confirm any unconfirmed requirements, including Transfer type (Stock Transport order/Stock Transport Requisition) requirements.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/9c/066f3928025a6ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)