cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

present customized table in chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I create a table in WEBI, the cells for this table are caculated by variety caculations ( they are not extracted directly from universe), now I want to convert this table block into some line chart, but does not work, there is no data in the line chart, also lable and serial for line chart are not present correctly. will you please tell me how I can present such customized table block by chart?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In order to display data in Line chart, you need atleast one dimension and one measure.

If your table satisfies the above condition, then you could turn to line chart.

-Select the Chart

-Go to 'Properties' tab

-Uncheck the box for Display -> 3D Look.

-Check Legend box

You sould be able to see the data points in line chart.

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

this webi table is not directly from universe, all the data cells in this table are coming from context caculation. these caculations are different for different cells. so can I convert this type table into line chart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

So this webi report is not going to be adhoc for users .

but you have to build chart using the data.

alternative option:

If you have xcelsius then import that webi report in to live office and build the xcelsius dahboard using spreadsheet component for

diplaying as table and this data can be mapped chart etc.

Regards,

Kannan.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we can create this chart for this table in xcelsius, but thing is we can't schedule dashboard , so that is why we insist creating everything in WEBI. does that mean we can not create chart for not ad hoc webi table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bo zhang ,

see just go through the functionality of the live office

now we will discuss about the live office.

After inserting webi report in to live office

*select properties and select refresh tab there you could see four different option like

1.Latest instance from the latest instance scheduled by

2.on demand from database

3.use report saved data

4.specific instance from . from specific instance of the report

Among these four option If you have selected first option . then in backend you can schedule the webi report....Eg: monday morning 7 'o' clock you scheduled the report and it took 30 minutes to get success (just for example) now this latest instance will be in cmc.

In xcelsius dashboard set the refresh before the component are loaded.

Now morning 9'o' clock user is opening the dashboard so it will hit the live office in back end in turn live office will pick the data from latest instance and populate to dashboard...maximum 30 seconds dashboard will be refreshed.

Hope I have explained better....

Regards,

Kannan.B