Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Business Partner Sales Area Data within ECC6 not CRM

Garyshek1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I had an issue with enhancing the BP Transaction within ECC6.

Everything I looked up in SDN, dealt with CRM. Which wasn't much use.

I was particularly trying to update the Sales Area Data( KNVV) of Customer from the BP transaction. So I decided to enhance structure KNVV with my append fields.

I then created my enhancement section within BP and added the new fields with the GS_KNVV field name, hoping that a Move-corresponding transaction would take care of my field transfer from screen to database.

However this would not work, and after a hefty de-bug session, I found that within Class CMD_EI_API_MAP_STRUCTURE=>EXTERN_FORMAT_SALES_DATA there is indeed the move-corresponding command I had hoped for, sadly though the structure it was moving from CMDS_EI_SALES_DATA did not contain my append fields from KNVV.

But once I enhanced that structure, the fields flowed from screen to database easily.

So just putting this info out there in case it can help someone else.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

peter_ferak
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

nice post, just one comment: the structure CMDS_EI_SALES_DATAX has to be appended analogically to the structure CMDS_EI_SALES_DATA. But that is obvious, after one starts to implement according to your nice instructions 🙂

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.I have a similar as yours.

Could you please let me know the steps and enhancement where the screen needs to be plugged in.

Appreciate.

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your post.I have a similar as yours.

Could you please let me know the steps and enhancement where the screen needs to be plugged in.

Appreciate.