cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGF question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Landscape has 3 different ECC systems, each system has its own processes for individual subsidiary.

if we implemented MDGF, can we consolidate the business rules of all ECC systems into single MDGF instance? i.e., if a user logs on the request form with an ID matched to ECC1, only ECC 1 business rules need to be applied.

if a user from ECC 2 logs on to the request form, business rules from ECC 2 need to be applied. and similarly for ECC3.

Also data needs to be validated against ECC settings before saving into the database. example, if we create GL account in ECC system, many ECC specific business rules will be applied in the background. Same rules need to be applied in MDGF.is that possible?

Can we call BAPI/RFC from ECC to validate data on MDGF user interface, before saving into MDM.

As per my understanding MDGF is a staging area, before sending data to ECC. Does MDGF has its own database?

Can we store the consolidated data in MDGF database(not ECC)?

Thanks,

Farah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its like this farah :

1. the MDG is like a feature pack that sits on top of ECC 6.0 EHP 5 onwards.

u can have it on one ECC1 : but its obviuos that it can re-use the business rules set in THAT system as part of its validation !

if you need to use business rules of ECC2- they need to be either defined in ECC1 or ECC2 should have the MDG as well.

2.as said before existing rules could be reused !

Modeled customed rules via Business Rules Framework (BRF+) is possible as well

3. For optimal integration into SAP Business Suite MDG allows two modes

- Re-Use active area (re-use mode) u2013Existing structures (i.e. data base tables) of applications are used. For example, MDG for

material makes use of the MARA table in ECC.

- Generated active area (flex mode)u2013Tables as defined in the MDG data model are used to store active data.

hth

thanks

-Adrivit