cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi DP in WAD and its impact on Performance ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on WAD reports with multiple Data Providers,

I.e. Web Template with DP1, DP2, DP3, DP4 --- Query 1

DP5, DP6, DP7, DP8 --- Query 2

Purpose - i have used Tab Strip Item with eight Tabs, each tab belongs to respective DP.

- Each Tab represent differnt view of the Report (using commands)

So, Does multi Data Provider with Multiple Queries have impact on Performance of the web report ? and If it does, then possible ways to improve performance ? Any advice/experience on this..

Many many thanks in advance.. Please help... Thanks

Regards,

Sunil Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

From your requirement, it looks like you have multiple views of the same 2 queries in 8 different tabs. Are you facing any performance degradation at present? If you have defined multiple DPs, the template would take time to load since all of these DPs would have to be resolved on load. An alternative would be to have just 2 views for the 2 queries and provide the user with filters etc. to change the views as required - that way the user has more flexibility than providing static views.

--Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

thanks for the reply !!

The main purpose for the Tabs is to fulfill CRAZY CLIENT REQUIREMENT, nothing else ... Same thing can be done by just drag & drop but ...

What each tab does is, when clicked commands changes/replaces the Characteristics in the Row.

for ex. Origional query has Product in the raw. Now if user want to see different perpective, he needs to replace 'Product' wiht 'Business Area' or ' Customer' . THis can be done either by drag and drop or Commands. And here i have used commands.

@ performance - i am in development and still i haven't seen any perfomance issues becasue of this multi DP. But just want to make sure it does same thing in Production aswell..

Hope this make sense !!

Regards,

SUnil Patel.