Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question on SUP mobile workflows

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a (probably) newbie question on SUP mobile workflow features.

Up to now I have considered SUP MWs simple apps with no coding, which can be started by users as they wish.

Now I have come across several tutorials that explain that workflows are initiated upon receiving a mail in one's inbox.

I know that there's an option "client-initiated workflow", but I'm not sure about its meaning.

My purpose is to develop a mail-independent application, very similar to the custom device applications (i.e. freely started by users and not in response to mails), but with no coding effort.

Is this possible with SUP mobile workflow?

thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Edited by: VINCENZO TURCO on May 11, 2011 6:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190800
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, these are called 'Server-initiated'. You can select this option in the wizard to create the mobile workflow 'form' (the screenflow)--check the box for 'Server Initiated' and/or 'Client Initiated'. You can also drag a 'Starting Point' from the palette in the SUP Workspace onto the screen, and set it to server-intiated.

Here is a link to the workshop video recording on how to get started doing this: [http://www.youtube.com/user/SybaseInc?blend=3&ob=5#p/c/F5137599C5FDCC6C/4/d2p3-jaXgU0].

Answers (0)