SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction CAA2, Consolidator field, Email field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In transaction CAA2, for the General tab, the Consolidator field, in a certain situation when the user changes the value away from 0001 to some other value, we want to erase the Email flag on the Biller Direct tab.

I did some research using transaction CAWM but could not decipher how to get the two sides - General data and Biller Direct - to be aware of each other. I tried using the FKK function update of the database but it failed saying the LUW for FICA had already been called.

Thank you,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

By your description I think you tried to solve this issue via CAWM - Screen layout.

This is not the way to do it, because at this point the individual subscreens don't know of each other (like Transaction CAS3).

Instead you have to look into the use of events (Transaction CAS7), where there's a consolidated view of all information.

The event where information is passed to the main application is DSAVB, which is called when Saving the changes.

You have to use the functions

- VKK_FICA_FKKVKP_GET to get the global FKKVKP data into your code and

- VKK_FICA_FKKVKP_COLLECT to update the global FKKVKP data after you changed it

Needless to say, such changes must be tested thoroughly!

Yep

Jürgen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

By your description I think you tried to solve this issue via CAWM - Screen layout.

This is not the way to do it, because at this point the individual subscreens don't know of each other (like Transaction CAS3).

Instead you have to look into the use of events (Transaction CAS7), where there's a consolidated view of all information.

The event where information is passed to the main application is DSAVB, which is called when Saving the changes.

You have to use the functions

- VKK_FICA_FKKVKP_GET to get the global FKKVKP data into your code and

- VKK_FICA_FKKVKP_COLLECT to update the global FKKVKP data after you changed it

Needless to say, such changes must be tested thoroughly!

Yep

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer! I will attempt to follow your advice! Thanks again!

0 Kudos

It worked! Thanks Jurgen!