cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Table Maintenance Dialog in Web UI

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

in SAP GUI there is the possibility to generate a table maintenance dialog via transaction SE54. The generated table is a SAP GUI maintenance dialog. I have a database table and I want to create a maintenance option with little effort. I know of the possibility to use transaction launcher to integrate the generated SAP GUI dialogs into Web UI but this is not appropriate for my needs. What I am looking for would be a tool to generate table maintenance dialogs that are Web UI BSP applications. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

If ultimately you want to control the insert, update and delete on your Z-TABLE, then you can go ahead with "Simple Object" concept. Simple Objects are Ztable based & handles everything on its own so there is very little coding invovled as you DONT need to code for insert, update and delete entries from your ZTABLE. There is a WiKi on Simple Objets by Sumit Mittal which could be a good help to start with.

With EhP 1 Rapid apps dvelopment and AET extensions, its now much easier to maintain the Z tables based BOL and Coponents on WEB UI.

Hope This helps

Thansk & Regards

Suchita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I am afraid what you are looking for is not directly available in BSP I believe.

Please refer to below thread:

[How to maintain a Z table from BSP like SM30 table maintenanc|;

To quote from it, it says:

to do what you are looking from a BSP, you have to use editable htmlb:tableview and handle the capturing of user entered values and updating the table. if you are looking something similar to generating maintenance view in ABAP, its not available with BSP

You probably would have to develop a BSP application to suit the requirement, it is explained in below wiki:

[BSP Application to insert data into database table and delete recordfrom database table|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BSP/BSPApplicationtoinsertdataintodatabasetableanddeleterecordfrom+databasetable]

I hope that resolves your query.

Thanks,

Rohit