Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME28 release PO and it it blocked and not release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team!!

I need your assistance with the following issue:

Working with Tcode ME28 to approve a group of PO´s it is approved. but after a while all the previous changes are rollback and all became not approved.--> release indicator - blocked

They have used ME28 to release the PO. They say, it shows that the documents are released, but later when they verify the document, it is still blocked. Is there any reason why this is happening, other than human error

No other changes are shown (if any) in these tables CDHDR. My guess was that the user did not save the document properly, but the user claimed, the same thing happened for the same document for around three times.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did u check at the table level as what is the release status or the release code. also try with EKBE the PO history table to check for the changes that have happened. Please check The release strategy in SPRO if you have authorisation.

Thanks

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

Thks for your replies... but there is still needed your help

I have verified the document (PO service in this case)

Me23n --> Release indicator status -->blocked

Spro--> Strategies --> there is 2 levels:

Release indicator -

X - blocked

P - PO released

then checked again ME23n - PO header changes

release indicator new value old value date time

P X 12.01.2011 21:29:44

X P 12.01.2011 21:30:04

release status X (no value) 12.01.2011 21:29:44

(no value) X 12.01.2011 21:30:04

So I checked the item changes and there is no changes since 2009

then I go to SE16 -

table CDHDR and the last change registed under the user Id was in 12.01.2011 21:30:04 through ME28.

Talking with the user he said he has released the PO last tuesday 11.05.2011 and he said it come back to blocked status but I could not find the logs into the system.

Do you have any idea why it is happing?? It is only in PRD.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: dgmmarina on May 13, 2011 2:50 PM

Edited by: dgmmarina on May 13, 2011 2:51 PM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let him do it again.

If it remains blocked, and you do not get any change documents, then check in SM13 if there is a posting failure (usually a user gets an express message which does not tell him anything, unfortunatly, instead of ignoring such messages they should contact the support)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team!!

I requested the user to release the PO again. and he released 500 POs and I have verified some of them random.. and were released. (ME23N and table)

Later I can not specify the time..I checked them again and the first 100 were released but the rest rollback to the previous status: blocked. I verified the table CDHDR and the previous log with date, time and User id have dissapeared

i checked the tcode sm13--> and there was nothing under the user Id.

It is really rare.

Do you have any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no change logs for that particular PO,then updation task is in pending status.Please check for SM13 as suggested by Mr.Jurgen.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the change history on the PO header and if there are no logs, check update termination logs in your approvers SAP inbox. You can find the causes from the update termination logs. You can also use t code ST22 for Update Termination logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find nothing with the user ID in tcode: ST22. there was no dump.

any other idea?

how can i check the uer inbox?

thks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check PO header change history?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. there is no log of the release

Former Member
0 Kudos

this means the PO was never released before. Use ME29N transaction to release it and see if it works.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in SM13 for a posting failure