cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM views preventing SAP upgrade to ECC EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading the underlying SAP environment from ECC 60 from EHP4 to EHP5 rampup. In the phase Phase ACT_UPG we are getting errors for existing TDM views that can not be activated. I attempted to delete using OSS note 1020887 which is program CNV_TDMS_09_DEL_GEN_VIEWS but it does not delete anything. So then I went and deactivated and deleted the packages involved from the central server and the views are still there. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The errors were that the views existed in the receiver system where we were doing the upgrade. I raised an OSS message and they ran the delete views in debug mode to remove them. As for more info, Activity TD09P_DELETE_VIEWS in the post processing phase deletes the views generated during the package execution in receiver system. It is always recommended to execute the post processing phase before deactivating the package. Our issue was that the package was never completed so the system let me deactivate and then deleted but the views were never removed. So it appears all packages must be complete thru the post-processing steps before an upgrade will work.

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you getting errors for views starting with /TDM/9_* or the system was a receiver system for TDMS data transfer ?

if later is the case cehck note 1033285.