cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May be this is basic question,but i think i am doing some wrong.

I created one DIR with IW (Inwork) and RL (Release). when i finish the Release status, it showing me green and when i go to change mode its again taking the IW status.

I need to lock the status once its released. For Status RL i choose Attribute status type as "S" Locked Status and previous status as IW.

Please suggest your suggestions ?

Thanks,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

..and when i go to change mode its again taking the IW status...

The reason for this behavior is that there is no status type set for 'IW' status.Please set the status type for status 'IW' as "P" ("P" stands for 'Primary Status' and can be set only once,typically for new documents).

This will ensure that post release,your DIR will be locked and no IW status transition will be possible.Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tarun Babu,

Once you try to change the released document it will create a new version and set the document to IW status. This does not mean that you are actually changing the released original version (00) but instead the system is creating a new version (01) of the released document to accommodate the new changes.This is standard behavior and is controlled in the document type attributes : Version assignment.

Also

Ensure that there is a change management process in place, and check if you have set the flags for the following attributes for release status "release flag",complete for ECM, Check in required etc as you have mentioned status type for release should be "S".

hope this helps.

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In continuation to Tarun's question, I have a scenario. Assume a product based company. Products keep changing often and many times undergoes ECM. Say now there is a product with Rev" B" which is in mfg and mfg engineer will say a change is required for the product. It undergoes ECM process. Design Engineer (DE) will modify it as per mfg engineer and check in. Now it will become B.1. Again the reviver will reject with some correction and DE will modify it and check in and it will become B.2. Likewise after many rejections, It will end up in say B.15 before it gets released to Rev"C". Meaning, 15 times it has been checked in into the PDM system before getting finalized for Next revision. This is how normally engineering/Change implementation team works for the change and how PDM will help us. The case what I explained is for Wind chill PDMLink for one particular industry.

Let us try to match the same with SAP DMS. Here we donu2019t have separate revision and version but have only version say AA is the initial version. When undergoes change through ECM, it will become AB and further AC, AD etc. This is equivalent to Rev u201CA/B/C" etc in my above case. But how to track the version numbers here in SAP DMS? I can see all versions when I click on original tab but I cannot see the version numbers like that of PDMLink.

Do you have any idea like how to get the same feel like that of Wind-chill PDMLink in SAP PLM ?

Rgds,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudharshan,

I see your problem. But this is different from the original post and a new question, Please create a new thread for this and we can continue with the solution for your problem.

Tarun Please close the curent thread if your problem is answered.

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

I have posted in a fresh thread here in DMS forum. Check out the recent thread "Version and Revisions" and lemme know your views on the same.

Thanks,

SM