cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Asset from Asset Rerun process

Former Member
0 Kudos

The asset class(Land - non depreciated) for and asset was accidentially changed to a class for Furnature and Fixtures(which is depreciatable). When the depreciation run was executed, it error out because of this one asset had a class which should have the dep.key = 0000(no account assignment), but instead now has a class different class.

Because the run errored, the depreciation was posted in the asset module, but not in FI. Now I cannot re-start the depreciation run until I can remove the asset.

How can I remove this asset and continue the restart process?

Colin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Here is how it was resolved.

1) Reverse the asset cost for the asset (Tcode = AB08)

2) AO90 to assign G/L accounts.

3) Restart the Depreciation process to post Depreciation Cost...successful.

4) Run the Depreciation process normally to Reverse the Depreciation Cost(so there will be a Cr and Dr posting in the G/L account)

...Successful

5) AO90 to reove the G/L accounts.

6) Run the Depreciation process normally to confirm no more errors....successful

Thanks for the advise about Tcode = AB08.

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murlidhar,

This asset class(for Land) is not suppose to have any G/L assigned, however at the beginning the asset class was changed inadvertantly and the posting in asset module was completed(but not in FI), so I think because this posting was completed in asset module with the G/L parameters already set, even if you change the Depr. Keys to "0000" and try to restart the process the error will still occur. I think you have to change the config. temporary to allow the asset class for Land to have G/L accounts assigned, restart the depreciation process and allow it to end normally, scrap the asset and run the depreciation again to remove the asset, then remove the G/L from the depreciation key(since it should not have it in the first place).

What do you think. I am looking for a simpler work around.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just assign Accum Dep account and Ord Dep account in AO90 even though the Dep Key is 0000

Thats a technical requirement...

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

*GUYZ I HAVE SAP PRESS GALILEO PRESS MATERIAL WITH ME 15 BOOKS N SAP FICO MODULE ANY NE INTERESTED CONTACT ME gottipati1975gmailcom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error message.....Sorry for the delay

Account 'Acc.dep. accnt.for ordinary depreciation' could not be found.

Message no. AU133

Diagnosis

When creating the accounting document, the system could not find account 'Acc.dep. accnt.for ordinary depreciation' for company code US1.

Procedure

Enter this account in the account determination for Asset Accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the response....please see the attachment in the email.

Thanks

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I I don't think one can check attachment here???

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I was not aware......Here is the error message...

Account 'Acc.dep. accnt.for ordinary depreciation' could not be found.

Message no. AU133

Diagnosis

When creating the accounting document, the system could not find account 'Acc.dep. accnt.for ordinary depreciation' for company code US1.

Procedure

Enter this account in the account determination for Asset Accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how the Dep. Key was changed.

Asset 1003690 0 Test

Class 171 Land

Area Depreciation a DepKy Usfl lifPer O.dep. sta

01 Book deprec. 0000 0 1 05/01/2010

10 ACRS/MACRS 0000 0 1 05/01/2010

11 ALT MIN 0000 0 1 05/16/2010

12 ACE 0000 0 1 05/16/2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the error logs provided by you, it appears that account for 'Acc.dep. accnt.for ordinary depreciation' is missing either in configuration or it is not defined in GL Master Data.

I would suggest to check SCMO and logs of the depreciation run it will give you the assets for which it is throwing the error and you must check if the account for ordinary depreciation is assign or not.

Also some time issue happens for other depreciation area but in that case it gives the error for particular depreciation area. Please check logs in more details and take appropriate action.

You can check logs at many diffent places:

SCMO

SM37

AFBP.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Murlidhar Khatri

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just because you assigned a wrong dep key or an asset class - You can not get an error.. there must be either a Custom check or some other reason

Can you give us the error msg no and the detailed error analysis given by the system

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murlidhar,

Thanks for your quick response. However, I have already did what you suggested and start the process again with both the repeat(tell you to restart) and then restart(tell you the asset is still in error).

Thanks

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error does it give?

Please also mention the error message number.

Thanks!

Murlidhar Khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

Please change the depreciation key in those assests which wrongly categorized in furniture and fuxture to 0000 depreciation key and then restart the depreciation run. If at all system does not take into account these changes in restart run, then you can check and do a repeat run which will certainly correct the values evenif posted in FI.

Hope this resolve your issue.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri