cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX and InfoSets incl. time-dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'd like to run a BEX-Query against an InfoSet. This Infoset contains time-dependent characterisitcs. Therefore, when desiging the query I can see the three InfoObjects, "valid from" , "valid to" and "Intervall" in my query designer.

However, I'm not able to use one of these InfoObjects in the selection , I can use them for display only.

The docu says that these InfoObjects are not suitable for selection.

So far my query does give me back all values from the InfoSet. Actually I'd like to enter a date which should be used to retrieve the characteristic values in the given time interval.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As far as i understood that you want to restrict your query with Variable .

How to create variable :

1- In Left side of Query designer you can see all of your characteristic and key figure under dimensions of info provider.

2- Drill down your characteristic and you will get Variable option there . From the context menu, choose New Variable and you will be redirected to Variable wizard .

3- Select Processing Type as Manual Entry / Default Value .When you create the variable, you can enter a default value if you wish

4-save it .

5- Now as you have already used Info object in either row of column , right click on that and select restrict and now restrict with Variable which you created in step 1-4 .

save and execute query again .This time you will get selection screen where you can enter the values .

Hope this helps .

Regards

Vikas Sharma

Robert Bosch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

On your query designer click on the button of the query properties and under the general tab on the key date field create a variable ready for input.

This variable will be ready for input and will display the master data valid for that date.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Diogo.