cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No accdb support in CR 2011?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought for sure that Access 2007 accdb files would be supported as a data source in Crystal Reports 2011, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

It is but there is no native connectivity to it, changes in the DAO/JET driver by Microsoft and at the time there was no 64 bit version. I believe MS not has a 64 bit driver for native connectivity but it was after we built our updates. Create a OLE DB or ODBC connection to it and then it will work.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is how we had to solve this problem in the past. However, on 64-bit machines things get complicated. There is no native 64-bit version of Office 2007, so in order to get it to work you either have to upgrade to Office 2010 (which does have a native 64-bit version) or uninstall Office 2007 and install a 64-bit version of MS data access components (both cannot be installed simultaneously). It will be nice when pretty much everything runs 64-bit and we don't have all these compatibility problems.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Absolutely agree with you. Because there are so many 32 bit drivers, printers, scanners, and DB drivers that do not yet support 64 bit trying to get a 64 bit app to work and hook into everything properly is still a head ache. Or impossible to do sometimes....

Until everything is available in each platform or have thunking built in so it supports both platforms it becomes a pain for developers to make it work...

You'll likely run into the same problem with legacy printers and print drivers.... No such thing as a 64 bit Printer driver for a Dot Matrix Printer, or none that I have found so far but I haven't looked that hard...

Thanks again

Don