Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS ArchiveLink and Content Repository Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I create a new document type and assign that to a content repository - is there anywhere that I can define a directory on that repository where the linked document will be physically placed?

In OACO I am using an already defined / existing repository which has an ip address assigned

In OAC3 I have linked the message type to the repository

When I 'Store Business Document' using the GOS menu on the business transaction I am able to select my doc type and store it. I can then retrieve it from the attachment list. I am sure that the document is being stored on the HTTP content server - but where? There are multiple document types using the same content repository - am I able to define a directory for my new document type? Are all document types for the same repository simply stored in the same place?

Thanks in advance

John

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi johnmac,

I always thought everything was stored in a flat way in the content repository (in the same directory for an HTTP server), the way how to access them (link between business object and document, attributes, etc.) is stored within the SAP system.

If you have a requirement to access some documents, I advise you to read note 927407 - Determining the content of GOS and SAPoffice documents

BR

Sandra

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

HTTP Content Servers usually have a database behind. For example, the SAP Content Server has a MaxDB database behind, so all documents you store go into a set of MaxDB tables. So, no directories are used. In order to identify a document, the system will send the content repository (ARCHIV_ID) and the document ID (ARC_DOC_ID). This is the unique key for the database to identify the document.

There are exceptions to that case of course. Some content servers have file system drivers that allow to store the documents at file system level instead of using a database. I am not familiar with the file system driver, but I believe that the content server will create a separate directory by content repository, not by document type. The document type is a logical definition at SAP archivelink level.

Cheers,

Juan