Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML-Schema for ADS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

imagine the following scenario:

We have a webapp (web dynpro) that collects information from the user, does some calculations etc.

When everything is done, the user clicks "create pdf" and gets his document (not editable) which he can print, save or email.

Our basic idea (following the Tut_PDFObject example) was to set up an ejb component that gets a custom DataTransportBean (java, lots of attributes, getters and setters), and fills field values of a pdf document.

Problem is: the central "createPDF" method of ADS requires a template (which we provide) and xml-data.

Question: How can I generate this xml-data by using a classic JavaBean? Where can I find a schema or related information with a description how that xml has to look like? Are there pregenerated stubs I can use? And if it doesn't work this way: How do you save your applications form data as PDF document?

Tia

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use jaxb or the SAP <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/41/e568dc6b6742baa879763e8ea4a490/content.htm">Schema to Java Generator</a>

Regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian. My Basic Assumption was wrong, i thought the xml used to fill the Form has to be special. I meanwhile found out that this is not the case, it just has to have matching identifiers in both xml and form-template.

So thanks anyway, but that was not what I ment.

regards

Jan