cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Status of next document in CHARM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Solman experts,

I would like to automatically set the status of a "next document" in CHARM. For example if i set a close state for a SDCR i would also like the attached "next documents" to also move to a close state (SDHF etc....). I know this is possible for preceding doc's, but i have never seen it the other way.

I hope somebody can help me with this one.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky

I am not sure why you need to do that

In solman charm there is a specific order because of the business logic for the transaction to get closed

like in any sort of change first a change doc is created followed by UC/NC which needs to be closed first then only Change doc is to be closed.

Let me know if this is not clear.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

You are correct about the business logic. But the process here is, that the developers can begin with pre programming without approval of a change manager or cab. This process is indeed not logical and would be totally not be possible with CHARM connection to TMS.

But in this case we only register the flow of the change without the transport management. So if the Change request is rejected by the change manager or cab, the status of the next documents have to change to rejected.

So i understand your explaination, but i still have to close next documents to avoid communication flaws etc. So if it is program wise possible i would really appriciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you checked this [Utility to Change the Status of Solution Manager Change Request Documents|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c049fc67-e131-2e10-c991-de6fdee9186b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Thanks,

Jansi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

ofcourse you can use the CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to do the needful.

goto set38 run the report provide your SDCR doc no and press f8 remember to choose the status

some important sap notes

Note 901034 - Process change transactions again

Note 926087 - Phase check whether change transaction can be edited

hope problem solved

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on May 13, 2011 4:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

the report the CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT only sets next statusses and was not really the answer that i was looking for. But i would like to thank you for the given option.