cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward / backward consumption Logic ( Macro) in DP Planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i need to have Forward / backward consumption Logic ( Macro) in DP Planning book .

For example- say i have keyfigure - A , B. Kefigure B need to consume the value of keyfigure A ( forward/ backwrd) in DP planning book .

Is there any std MACROfunctionality to do this?

If NO. how we can write macro for this requirement ?

Regrds

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Harshil has mentioned you have to use the Stock balance macro - specifically the DEMAND_CALC ( ) function to achieve this .

Also forecast consumption happens based on the requirements strategy in the product master. The reqmts strategy is associated with a category group and only order types specified in that category group are eligible for consumption. You have to make the configuration settings properly in spro and also in your planning area you have to associate the correct categories (/category groups) with the forecast and demand key figures.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna & desai,

Macro function - DEMAND_CALC( ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION ; ) will work only when we manintain product master with version and if we work in that same planning version. means every time it will go and refer product master setttings of 1) strategy 2) forward consumption days 3) backward consumtion days. So its more usful in SNP planning book.

But i am working in DP planning book and version which i am working is not involved in product master. so i hope this function will not work.

Is there any otherway to achive this with time series keyfigure . what logic i can use for macro?

Regrads

Rajesh

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay , now i understand. Let us know if you find the solution

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on May 12, 2011 4:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we make use of FM - /SAPAPO/MSDP_SNPMAK_DEM_CAL which used in SNP macro function DEMAND_CALC. Slight changes we can add so that it can be used in DP planning book.

Is it good idea? is there any posibilites by this way?.. If yes that what logic i can use...

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am not sure how time series and order series will come into play but you can check stock balance macro in SNP94(1) data view and consider step 1 consumption (Forecast/sales) and probably build your macro similar to it.

Regards,

Harshil Desai