cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 change Delivery and Material Staging/Availability Date when vacation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I create a new order in VA01 for a day my company is on a period of vacation, I would like to change automatically the Material Staging/Availability Date and Delivery date to the last working day before vacations to avoid late deliveries.

I am trying to find the custo point where to do it, but I don't find it. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to update your factory calendar maintained in the sales order via transaction SCAL. Do you have unloading points in your order? If so, the unloading point will have a set factory calendar, which will need to be maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy,

We maintain the factory calendar, so the problem is how the system is calculating this availability date.

For example, if we have a week of vacation and we get an order for Wednesday, the system calculates the first day after this vacation week as the day we can deliver the product. In our example would be on next Monday.

What we would like to do is that the system calculates as a delivery date the last working day before the vacation week, in our example would be on the previous Friday. So then we can avoid those late deliveries we are having now.

I don't know how or where to customize that.

I accept any suggestions.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So then we can avoid those late deliveries we are having now

Will the customer accept early receipt of goods well before the planned goods receipt?

If it is not an issue and if the stocks are always available....for all the orders due for delivery during the vacation period...change the requested delivery date and rerun the availability check and create the deliveries. You have to consider different lead times while changing the requested delivery date to ensure that the delivery can be created as required.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customer accepts (actually he demands) early receipt of goods. We always have stock for this product.

One point I forgot to say is that the orders usually arrive by Idocs, so it's an automatic process, and we would like to work in the same way, without modifying any field manually (calculating those dates automatically). Do you think it is possible?

Thanks, Ravi.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is not a one time requirement, you can customise the process. A custom program should be developed where in it will pull the report of orders due for delivery during the dates(the actual vacation period) provided in the selection screen and when the user selects the orders (check boxes...only if a selection or orders is required) and when click on the execute button...changing of requested delivery dates in the orders, availability check rerun will be handled by the same program. This will lead to change in the schedule line delivery dates and you can create the deliveries without any problem.

Thanks,

Ravi