Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with spool output in the email attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a strange issue.

We have scheduled a background jon with the spool list receipient. As soon as job gets completed that spool excel attachment will go to receipient. When I checked the spool output after downloaded to excel there are more that 1 lakh records are displayed.

But when we checked the excel in the receipient mail box there are only 1000 records and other records are missing. Is there any settings to do to download to excel with all the records.

Please let me know if there is any solution for this.

Regards,

Jyothi CH.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

1000 is the limit set by SAp for performance issues. Check OSS Note: 329537

You can change this configurations, but you may run into issues.

You can try the below:-

1. Increase the number of lines you want to allow to be processed (note: system performance may be an issue if you apply this note). Apply OSS Note: 329537

2. Setup a Device Type with access method 'M' to have the spool file e-mailed to a recipient directly. This method doesn't seem to have any limits on number of lines (as far as we could verify on our ECC5 system).

3. If you won't use the attachment for further processing, you can setup a PDF output device (ZPDF or PDF1) to convert the output in PDF format and e-mailing it by setting up your PDF device with access Method 'M'. See OSS Note 317851

4. Setup background jobs with a generic background ID that doesn't generate sensitive reports and allow users to access these spool files with SP01. Special security setup can be provided to users so that they cannot access any other spool files but own and for the generic background ID.

Check the below link as well:-

[http://www.home4sap.com/tips/spool-email.shtml|http://www.home4sap.com/tips/spool-email.shtml]

Let me know if yu ahve any questions.

Thanks,

Greetson