cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate Custom Table when Posting an Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to populate a custom table when an invoice is posted, the custom table needs to hold the actual FI document number. We post invocies via a variety of means, manually through the transactions FB60 and MIRO and in the background via BAPI's.

Does anyone know a user exist/BTE or BADI that can be used to populate a custom table at the time the SAP FI document is posted for an invoice?

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, depends how long and what propose to hold this data, if you want to write data in Z* table during posting, and while saving eg to remove it to doc item then you can use FIBF, process 1120, or try if applicable OBBH for hole doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

what is FIBF?

we do want to write data to the Z table whenever anm invocie is posted regardless of the method and whether it is an FI (Non-PO) or an LIV (PO) Invoice.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, fibf it's tcode (BTE). Aslo you can use badi BADI_ACC_DOCUMENT as Ajay mentioned.

If you need item recording you can do it via BTE, event 1130 (I do the same for DPR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex, I think I can't use BADI_ACC_DOCUMENT, the documentation for this BADI implies it is only called during BAPI postings so wouldn't be used when we create an invoice via MIRO or FB60.

I will try and use BTE 1120 to populate the cusotm table.

Regards

Chris

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use BADI AC_DOC_POST.. Pardon me, i dont remember the name exactly.. You can search the badis in SE18 based on this name

Ask your abaper to write the code so that when the COMMIT happens, it also updates the Z table

Other Options: BTE 1120

br, Ajay M