cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output conditions records when using Ordering Addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when I created a PO and choose an Ordering Address Partner the output message is correctly created, however if I ignore the ordering address partners and leave the PO created only with Partner Function VN no output message is created.

Our condition records are as follows

Key Combination = Document Type

Document Type = ZNT

Partner Fucntion = VN

Key Combination = Document Type & Vendor

Vendor = 123456

Document Type = ZNT

Partner Fucntion = OA

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems the access sequence is not matched for VN vendor and this causing output conditioion record not triggered.

Check the access sequence and PO details then you will get clue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked the access sequence and it looks okay. If I uncheck the exclusive indicator I get an output message for partner VN if I don't choose an Ordering Address partner, however if I do choose an Ordering Address partner I get an output message for partner OA and Partner VN which is undesirable.

With the exclusive indicator set then I only get an output message if I choose an Ordering Address partner.

I cannnot maintain both the VN and OA partner function for the same vendor in the Condition Record.

Does anyone have any ideas how we can get this to work? the desired behaviour is as follows

If user choose an Ordering Address vendor then the output message should be sent to partner OA

If user doesn't choose Ordering Address vednor then output message should be sent to partner VN.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

does anyone have any ideas?

Current behaviour is as follows:

1. Choose Ordering Address partner (OA), partner fucntions OA and VN on PO - Message determination is correct and PO sent to OA.

2. Don't pick Ordering Address partner, only partner VN on PO - No message output determined.

The desired functionality is that for scenario 2 if the user chooses to ignore the ordering address partners so that just the VN partner is on the PO because they want to send the PO to the main vendor address that the message determination automatically creates a message output to the VN partner.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this can be done?

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

When the PO is created, is the OA getting in automatic? and then, the buyer is deleting it?

If you create a PO without the OA generate in automatic, is the message determined for VN only?

Try this, and let me know your results.

Kind regards,

SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

H SP,

we have a vendor set-up with two aletrnative ordering addresses, when I create the PO I get prompted to pick and alternative Ordering Address Vendor. If I choose one then this partner and the mainvendor (partner VN) are assigned to the PO, the message determination correctly determines the message output for the alternative ordering address.

If however when I create the PO I don't select either alternative ordering addess when prompted then only the main vendor partner VN is assigned to the PO. No message out is determined.

The condition records are set up as follows

Doc Type/Vendor Key Comination

Doc Type = ZNT (this is used when creating the PO)

Vendor Number = 123456 (this is used when creating the PO)

Partner Function = OA

Doc Type Combination

Doc Type = ZNT (this is used when creating the PO)

Partner Function = VN

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

That is the point, if you made the test with a Vendor that does not have assigned any OA in the master data.

I made a test where I have a Vendor with VN and OA, but, with different output for any of these.

for VN = NEU for OA = ZEU.

Then, when I create the PO both output message were updated.

If you can do a test where the PO can have a Vendor where the OA is not in the vendor master data, only VN and check if the output message is determined, because if this is not determined, then, it can be an issue in the customising and not in the master data.

Let me know your results.

Kind regards,

SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

yes if I create a PO for a vendor with no OA partner assigned the message output is correctly determined.

Thanks for your assistance with this.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

How is your access sequence? do you have the standard access sequence?

5 27 Purchasing Output Determination: Purch. Org./Vendor for EDI

10 925 Purchasing Output Determination: Prch.Org./Prch.Grp/Doc.Type

11 25 Purchasing Output Determination: Doc.Type/Purch.Org/Vendor

20 26 Purchasing Output Determination: Document Type

Other question, how is the customising in your partner functions?

SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Partern Determination > Partner Settings in Purchasing Documents > Define Partner Schema

Partner Schema: 0002 - Standard PO > Partner functions in procedure

Tell me how is customised: VN and OA. What check boxes ar active?

I made a test with the conditions records for OA and VN and it is getting for both according to your issue.

I want to know how you are creating the PO. I presume that the partner functions OA and VN are getting in automatic and showed in the PO. Then, I presume that you deleted OA partner function and "check" again the PO and in this part the message should be determined.

But, if it is not determined, then, let me know your customising.

Kind regards,

SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SP,

our access sequence is as follows:

10 992 Doc. Type/Vendor

Table 992 has the following fields

BSART KOMKBEA BSART Purchasing Doc. Type

LIFNR KOMKBEA LIFNR Vendor

Tbale 26 has field

BSART KOMKBEA BSART Purchasing Doc. Type

We have a custom copy of the Partner Schema ZPO with the following settings

Function Name No Change Mandatory End Higher Level

OA Ordering Address X X

VN Vendor X X X X

PI Invoice presented by X X

In my example we have two possible ordering addresses, when saving the PO a pop-up box is generated with the two ordering address vendor numbers. If a cancel this and don't select either record only the VN partner fucntion is visible in the PO. At this point no output message is determined.

If I choose one of the ordering address vendors from the pop-up the output message is correctly determined.

Thanks for your continued help with this.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I was doing a testing with 2 OA assigned to the Vendor, then, I cancel these and I have the same behaviour as you, the VN message output type was not showed while I was creating the PO.

It is because of the sequence on the output message type.

You are mentioning that you have the access sequences:

10 992 Doc. Type/Vendor

Here, the system is checking the first access sequence and then, find a record and stop the finding, why? Because I presume that you have active the "Exclusive" indicator as I had.

Go to SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Messages > Output Control > Access Sequences > Define Access Sequence for Purchase Order.

Select your access sequence and click in the folder "Accesses".

Desactive the check box of the field "Exclusive" for both access sequences.

Now, you need to have in your customising defined the following:

- Assigned the partner schema to the purchasing document and,

- The parter OA should be defined as mandatory.

This is the customising for the partner schema to the PO:

SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Partner determination > Partner Settings in Purchasing documents > Assign Partern Schema to Document Types

Check that your PO type has assigned a partner schema.

This is the customising for the partner OA:

SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Partner determination > Partner Settings in Purchasing documents > Define Partner Schema.

Double click in partner schema "0002 - Standard PO" or the schema that you are using.

And select folder "Partner functions in procedure".

Here, the OA partner shoudl be selected as "Mandatory".

Please, let me know your results.

Kind regards,

SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

if I deselect the Exclusive Indictator then the system creates an output message for both OA and the VN partners if I select one of the ordering addresses.

I'm beginning to think that the behaviour I want is not possible and that we might have to add the main vendor as an ordering address if PO's can be sent there.

Regards

Chris

Answers (0)