Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation after Excel File Upload in Table Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've done extensive research on this topic and still have yet to find the answer. I have created a custom button in the TMG to upload an Excel file to the table maintenance using the FM CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>GUI_UPLOAD. I updated the EXTRACT and TOTAL table so it will show up in the TMG interface, but no validations occur. So, I am now trying to do the validations of this file upload. I would like to validate each record and allow the user to modify the error record then continue validating the rest. Essentially I would like to mimic the functionality that occurs when multiple records are copied to the table maintenance and validated one by one. Updating the EXTRACT table through ABAP, does not reach the PAI where the validations occur.

Is this approach possible? If not, what would be the best way to do validations, inform the user of the error record, and allow modification in the table maintenance interface?

Thanks,

Justin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

TMG is essentially just for table maintenance. It sounds as if you need a custom module pool program.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

TMG is essentially just for table maintenance. It sounds as if you need a custom module pool program.

Rob

0 Kudos

Creating a custom module pool does not reach the PAI validations I have set. Is there a specific approach you have in mind that will allow me to do PAI vaiidations after an excel file upload?

0 Kudos

Or just a report program - have the file name on the selection screen.

1) Upload the file

2) Validate the file and produce error messages.

3) Based on the validations, update the table.

Rob