cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing: Key figure planning using BI-BPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a new project, we want to use the key figure planning for marketing. This solution is heavily integrated with BI-BPS.

I understood that the BI-BPS functionality will be phased out by SAP, and replaced by Business Objects and Xcelsius.

Is that correct? Will the key figure planning also be integrated with BO / Xcelsius?

What is your advice on this matter?

regards,

Wim Olieman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I also have heard this years ago.

I think as the BPS is very heavily integrated with Marketing, it is very difficult to use a customizing plan functionality to replace it. Believe me, once I have attend a project which do in this way, the cost and expense is very high, and you must to change standard SAP code in many places.

Once I have asked SAP staff for the same question, their reply is for CRM Marketing, currently there is no plan to replace BPS with other component to integrate with Marketing objects. the key word is currently

And I think one day if the replacement is coming, As a SAP standard delivery products SAP will offer some methodoly or tools to help us to migirate the function into new tools. I think it probably will be better than us to develop a customizing one.

All of above is my opinion, just share with you