cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical stock as positive qty in LL01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

could any of You pls help me to identify a reason for critical stock?

There is positive qty in my certain storage type shown in LL01, even though the mterial qty is handled with TR - TI - material staging process based on requisition, using LP10.I still have open request, and the amount still required for the prd. order normal GI. Not all materials have such kind of critical stock, and only in one specific storage type, for another storage types critical stock is only qty, when I could explain why it is critical.

Could You pls give me some good idea, why those amounts are handled as critical stock, and how to make changes to avoid such figures in LL01?

Answers will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is partially answered, but still not solved; I close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I would appreciate a lot if some usefull hints were given regarding to this question.

Thanks in advance

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm neither expert nor I'm sure how my reply will be welcomed.

SAP online help says:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f85c504afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

These critical processes can appear during the staging of materials for production orders for which fixed production bins have been defined in a control cycle. Inconsistencies can occur between the transfer requirements and the transfer requirement quantities that are updated in a reservation when

- Transfer requirements are created manually to supply materials to production storage bins

- Reservations are deleted without making necessary corrections to open transfer requirements in WM

For PP/PP-PI production orders, when components are deleted or changed, the system modifies the transfer requirements automatically. For repetitive manufacturing, this automatic process is not available. As soon as this connection (and therewith, the reservation) is deleted for which transfer requirements have already been created, the transfer requirements are not modified.

(I'm not sure you are using REM)

As per OSS note 1576179 you have to run report RLLL07SE to determine inconsitencies mentioned above.

Report RLLL07SE will call program RLWMPPC3 (you can run this separately too; transaction LX41). In form 'daten_selektion' of this report, looping over the quants (LQUA internal table) system determines critical cases:

itab-lights = icon_yellow_light.
  if mattb-fvmng > 0.
    itab-lights = icon_green_light.
  endif.
  if mattb-rsmng > hlp_menge.
    itab-lights = icon_red_light.
  endif.
  if mattb-verme < 0 and hlp_negat ne con_x.
    itab-lights = icon_red_light.
endif.

(in structure LQUA_RES you can find out the meaning of fvmng, etc fields)

I would put a break-point here and check what's the difference between critical and not critical cases.

Sorry for not being able to provide better help, but maybe you can get one step closer to the solution.

(I was not able to produce any inconsistencies...)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 13, 2011 2:38 PM

Added: on selection screen of LX41 clicking on the information button (white 'i' in blue background) you will get the explanation.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 13, 2011 9:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

A couple of month ago we swithed from using dinamic storage bins, to have one bin for production supply (for a specific area) so changed the control cycle accordingly, and set default control cycle (with no material), with staging indicator u201E1u201D, also use LP10 for material staging. I was told, after this had been done, those value critical stock showed up in LL01 - no earlier. (No REM, night job is running for all programs behind LL01)

Based on Your answer, the reason seems to be the following: if material staging was done for the prod. order u2013 so TR is created u2013 but the TO has not been completely issued (created and confirmed) the reserved qty is higher than the available stock (available quantity is 0), system handles the item as critical. If stock is 0 - component not included as critical.

How can I avoid to have those items, which are in progress in material staging to be handled as critical ones?

You are kindly asked to support me.

Edited by: lovagszent on May 24, 2011 3:23 PM