cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Tools not working with SAP GUI 7.20 towards SAP BW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed SAP GUI 7.20 with Patch 3 i december last year (2010). I also installed BI 3.5 and 7.0 AddOns with corresponding patches.

BEx tools (QD, WAD, Analyzer...) has worked fine up until now when I have connected to BW 7.0, BW 7.01 systems.

I have now tried to connect to the new BW 7.3 system and non of the BEx tools are working. They are all shutting down without any form of error message.

The only indication that BEx is trying to connect to the BW 7.3 system I'm finding in the System log in BW (SM21). It states the following messages:

Red traffic light - Operating System call recv failed (error no. 104)

Green traffic light - Connection to CPI-C client 058 was closed

Blank traffic light - Parter LU name

Blank traffic light - Host: IP adress

Blank traffic light - Parter TP Name _ BExQuery

Yellow traffic light - Communication error, CPIC return code 020, SAP return code 223

Blank traffic light - Conversation ID: xxxx

Blank traffic light - CPIC-C function: CMSEND(SAP)

Does anybody know what kind of connection CPIC-C is? I think this is new in SAP BW 7.3_. Because when i go into transaction SM59 i can find a connection called "SNA/CPI/C" and when I test it I I get an error message... I can't find the same connection type in a BW 7.0 system.

I have tried to patch both SAP GUI and BW AddOns with newest Patch (Level 6), but I have the same problem.

I have tried to deinstall SAP GUI and BEx tools, and reinstall with newest Patch, but I have the same problem.

Colleagues with SAP GUI 7.10 don't have the same problem.

Collegaues that haven't installed SAP GUI 7.20 before, but tries to install it now with newest Patch level (Level 6), don't experience the same problem.

I have tried to install SAP GUI 7.10 on same computer, and the the BEx Tools are wokring towards BW 7.3.

As a additional comment:

-When i go into SAP Services to download Patch to SAP GUI 7.20, they have removed patch level 3 and 4. Might this be because there was something fundamently wrong these patch levels that have corrupted my laptop?

Hope somebody has an answer to my problem, the only option I'm left with is a reinstall of my entire laptop.

best regards

Oddmar Lid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oddmar,

CPI-C (Common Programming Interface-Communication) is standardized interface for system-wide communication between programs. It is just underlaying technology how (SAP) components communicate each other.

Seem your issue is a bug in GUI720. I cannot find any note related to that in Marketplace/OSS. Raise this issue to SAP via OSS message. Meanwhile you can just run 710 as workaround.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've found the solution you just need to change the librfc32.dll version.

You can download it in the SAP marketplace.

Greetings,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From your discussion, I assume that GUI 7.20 with BI 3.5 and 7.0 AddOns having latest patches will work fine on BW 7.3.  Correct?  Will GUI 7.20 with BI 3.5 and 7.0 AddOns work on both 3.5 and 7.0 Queries?

Thanks for your answers!

Paul Tseng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Did you allready found a solution as I'am having the same issue.

thnx