cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the difference between Template and Schedule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPC Gurus,

I have created a dynamic template and added in the wizard but I am not sure whether it can be used as Input schedule? So to have clear picture I need your help in understanding the difference between Template & Schedule i.e. .XLT & .XLS.

Regards

KumarMG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically speaking, it doesnt make any difference if you save it as xlt or xls. However, since we are talking about templates, its a better practice to save it as xlt. So, anyone can look into that file name and say its a template.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Templates:

Take an example of your scenario. You created a formatted template (report/Input Schedule) , your team/users can use those templates directly or can modify if required (minimal changes) and save them in .xls and use.

By using the Templates they can minimize the time on spending on formatting etc.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Actually in BPC the input schedules and the Reports can be dynamic templates, the differences are not related to the extension of the files, the important thing here is how is configurated the template, to see how is configurated you can go to e-tools> workbook options->a there in the upper left part of the window you can see if it is an input schedule o a Report. The thing is that you can have input schedules with both extensions and both will be working fine,

hope it helps