cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Alert generation

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

How to limit the amount of SNP alerts being generated, Do I need to change the MACRO iterations for Write Alert Step

or any changes need to be made to alert profile ? we are on SCM 7.0

Issue we are facing is the DB alert Supply shortage is having 105 Iterations and the planner does not want the DB alerts be displayed for Current + 105 weeks ahead. Can anyone please help.

Edited by: AAL123 on May 11, 2011 12:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two case here :-

1) If you want to calculate alerts for a Limited time period then you have to modify the macro(no of iterations)

2) If you want to see the alerts for a limited time period through alert Monitor give a small time interval while determing alerts.

Thanks

Amulya

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I cannot understand your question clearly. Are you saying you want to limit the number of iterations in the alert macro ? If so you can change the value of the to date in the iteration range. Not clear what your question is . Please be more specific

Thanks

Aparna

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I wanted to find out if limiting the Iterations in the MACRO Supply Shortage(DB alert) will generate the alerts to a shorter time horizon.

The planners want to see alerts for only a few weeks in future , not for 100 weeks ahead

Another part that refers to the same issue is based on Overall Alert Profile setting for Relative Time -- I wanted to find if this setting reduces the time horizon of alerts generation (current setup shows 5 weeks)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be acheived by following steps in macro:

1. Create a step for counting alerts as 'counter'

2. Add an auxiliary row as 'counter' with operator/function '1' from starting period.

3. In 'write alerts' step, define the alert condition

4. Add a step into aux. row 'counter' with 'operator/function' + 1

5. Write the alert condition that if the aux.row counter is < 2.

This means that a counter is created, alerts are counted for repetetion and only one is displayed.

Regards,

Raghav

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Has anyone faced a similar issue