cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Access Data Error in webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MS-Access Database (MS-Acess,Universe) in WebiRich client.when i use sum(measure field) the Error message "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid character value for cast specification on measure field " is displayed. This error comes only when i placed more than seven objects in the report(i.e only on detailed report). how to overcome the error. The same report is work correctly in DeskI. Any idea on to overcome the error. any help.

Regards,

Shanthakumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had the same error message, only appearing in Webi not in Deski (BO XI 3.1 SP5). I guess the reason was that in Access negative values were stored as -9999 (with the minus sign in front).

I was able to solve this by wrapping the calculated measure in following function:

IIF( IS NULL, 0, CDBL())

1) First check if the field is null, if so replace by 0

2) If not null, cast the value to a double

For example instead of the following select definition in the universe:

table1.measure1 * table2.measure2

I have now:

IIF(table1.measure1 IS NULL, 0, CDBL(table1.measure1)) * IIF(table2.measure2 IS NULL, 0, CDBL(table2.measure2))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shanthakumar,

I am seeing the same thing and wondered if you found resolution. My issue occurs typically with Measure objects that include calculations of 2 fields.

i.e. SUM(Field1)+SUM(Field2)

I copy the same exact query generated by BOBJ into Access and it runs perfectly.

Very odd.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No Solution Found for this problem

Ragards,

Shanthakumar