cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver Determinator CUP(Controller)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me on what does "controller and BPO" mean in the Approver determinator stage during Workflow configuration in CUP.

Regards,

Preethi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I got to know what a controller is: It is the same one defined and used in SPM.

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Glad that this is resolved now.

Rgds

Ganesh.S

P.S: Incase this query is resolved, request you to kindly close this thread and Award points for contributors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply...

To make it more clear, where you can find Approver Determinator is:

CUP configuration tab>workflow>stage>workflow type(Compliant user Provisioning)>Arrover determinator..

Now this Approver Detreminator has many fields, of which I want to know what does the "controller" Field mean.

Regards,

Preethi

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

BPO is an standard SAP 'Approver Determinator' that come pre-configured.

'BPO' refers to 'Business Process Owners'. If this option is selected for a stage, approval request mail is triggerd to BPO to proceed to the next stage or for auto-provisioning.

FYI. All Roles are assigned to 'Business Process' & each Business process has an 'Approver/owner' & 'Alternate Approver'.

Looks like 'Controller' is a Custom Approver Determinator (CAD). Request you to kindly check at Configuration Tab >> Workflow >> Custom Approver Derterminators. It should be defined there. If not, kindly let know.

Hope this answers your query.

Rgds

Ganesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC 5.3

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

I am also using 5.3 and am unable to find the terms "controller and BPO" under Configuration >> Workflow >> Custom Approver Derterminators.

Can you kindly let know the steps that you are doing.

In SPM, a 'Controller' is a person to who approves the SPM access requests for firefighters. I am not sure of BPO, but it normally means 'Business Process Owner'.

Rgds

Ganesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some Help on Controller:)

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

What version of GRC are you using ?

Rgds

Ganesh.S