cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had one basic doubt.We currently have only one solman in our landscape which is a prod box.Now we want to build a dev box.I am wondering whether we can do a homogenous system copy in order to have all the confg data.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. you can do system copy to get all your data from production.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats my worry as we have wily installed.In the new system to be built it will also contain the wily config right which it shouldnt contain ideally as we need to reinstall.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Wily configuration will not come if you do system copy, that is suppurate software you have to install separately in new box.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed it is a seperate software but we we will do some config in solman end also right?Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that configuration you have to manually.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about the config that has been copied over.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

What about the config that would be done in SOLMAN end.It would also get copied right.How should we get rid of them?

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You willl get the PRD configs at Dev with the system copy . Anyway , you need to maintain the relevant RFC connections and other parameters , then only it will work. So if you want to use the same configs , you can use it , provided by giving the other prerequisites . Else, if you do not need, you can leave that part .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh OK Thanks a ton for the response.

Answers (0)