cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POCI in Results analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a settlement document with a balance of zero, therefore no accounting document. Would you always expect to have POCS and POCI posting on every settlement document, can somone tell me how POCS and POCI are caluculated. The valuation method we are using is E. I just want to try and understand the calculation so I can recreate.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

look out for the Results Analysis menthod you are using. If you are using 14 or 15 then POCS will not be generated as its a reserve which is not generated by such a RA method. For other RA types ( Like 03- Cost based POC method) POCI and POCS both should be generated as this RA method supports the concept of "reserves".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are using the "Revenue Based" results analysis method. In this case if actual revenue is less than or equal to calculated revenue, the system creates revenue in excess of billings (POCI) and if actual revenue is greater than calculated revenue, the system creates a revenue surplus (POCS).

I would also suggest you to go through SAP Help once. It is explained clearly there with examples. Based on this you can recreate a scenario and verify and understand the results.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP Help on RA to know more about Revenue Surplus and Work in Progress.

Please follow the below path to access the RA help

SAP help portal -- Financials >> Controlling >> Product Cost Controlling >> Cost Object Controlling >> Product Cost by Sales Order >> Period-End Closing in Product Cost by Sales Order: Scenario >> Result Analysis

Please do not expect posting during every settlement in both, it depends on the value during settlement and also the RA Valuation method and system status of Project.

Thanks

abdul