Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)what is the meaning of ?=

Eg lr_entity ?= focus_bo.

and if not bound?

2) Where i can find details about get_v and get_m and other methods in the context .So many types of methods are there in Context for each attribute???

3) why is there error when creating a z webui application?

i created a new application and assigned a new view to window and i get

The following error text was processed in the system CR7 : Exception condition "CONFIG_NOT_FOUND

Edited by: George Abraham on May 11, 2011 3:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)what is the meaning of ?=

> Eg lr_entity ?= focus_bo.

>

> 2)In http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Howtodisplayaz-tableinanassignmentblock in Step 6

> Go into edit mode and add a new method called ON_NEW_FOCUS. Open the method-attributes (puzzle-piece-icon) and tick "Event Handler for" (see the box below). Go to the Parameters and add the parameters of the Event by clicking on the icon with the small blue square. We leave the coding empty for now.

>

> I cant find method-attributes (puzzle-piece-icon to make it event handler For.Please advice.

>

>

> 3) Where i can find details about get_v and get_m and other methods in the context .So many types of methods are there in Context for each attribute???

>

> 4) why is there error when creating a z webui application?

> i created a new application and assigned a new view to window and i get

> The following error text was processed in the system CR7 : Exception condition "CONFIG_NOT_FOUND

Hi George,

1. There is a concept of dependent nodes, for example we there is change in BTAdminH - BTOpportH should also be updated accordingly as it is dependent. This is defined either when you create view/context node - or you can create it later on by writing code in CONNECT_NODES method of _CTXT context class.

something like:

COLL_WRAPPER = BTADMINH->get_collection_wrapper( ).
    set handler me->BTOpportH->on_new_focus for COLL_WRAPPER activation IV_ACTIVATE.

lr_entity ?= focus_bo.

above code will get the focussed entity - that is say BTOpportH along with BTADMINH through above code.

3. GET_V --- this method is used to create F4 help / dropdown for the field

GET_P --- this is used to declare whether the field will be hyperlink/radio/dropdown/textbox etc

GET_M --- this is to get meta data of the field

GET method --- gets the value of the field

SET method --- to set the values (after that it goes to GET)

GET_I --- to make the field enable/disable

4. This error happens when you have not added fields in the displayed fields after going to 'Configuration' tab of the view - that is fields are there in context nodes but those have not been added to the view configuration.

I would look at point 2 and see what is your doubt.

I hope it resolves most of your doubts.

Thanks,

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214667
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Here are the answers:

1. ?= is CAST operator and can be used only with references. Using this, you basically cast from a generic reference to a more specific reference.

2. The puzzle piece icon is on the same line as Parameter and Exception icon in the class builder. This is the fourth icon in this row.

3. Each attribute has a fixed set of methods. They are:

GET_<XXX> -> This is the getter method and it is called to pass data from model to the UI.

SET_<XXX> - This is the setter method and this passes data entered/changed by user on UI to the model.

GET_I_<XXX> - This is the input-readiness getter that determines whether a field should be enabled or disabled on the UI.

GET_M_<XXX> - This is the metadata method which is generally auto-generated and is not changed.

GET_V_<XXX> - This is the input help getter and is generated if you want to add value help on a field.

GET_P_<XXX> - This is the property-getter. You need to generate this if you want to make a field a dropdown, hyperlink or so. By default, any field is rendered as an input field.

4. This means you haven't added any UI element in the view configuration. You can do so in the 'Configuration' tab of your view.

Regards,

Shiromani

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) [http://help.sap.com/abapdocu_70/en/ABENCAST_CASTING_GLOSRY.htm|http://help.sap.com/abapdocu_70/en/ABENCAST_CASTING_GLOSRY.htm]

2) In the class builder go to the tab methods. It is the 4th button from the left

3) Please search here in this forum

4) You have to create an UI configuration, this is mandatory

I hope some of the information is helpful.

Kind regards

Manfred