cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howo to transport a view table from one system to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have an ECC6 systema and another ECC EHP4 IDES system which I have just installed.

A requester has a view table in ECC6.0 named ZVAITM_TBLE that she wants to be transported in the EhP4 system.

I created a workbench request in SE10, and have included the following:

PgmID = R3TR

Obj = VDAT

Object name = ZVAITM_TBLE

The trouble is, I am encountering an error that says

No object definition exists for Customizing object ZVAITM_TBLE

Message no. TK427

Diagnosis

The Customizing object R3TR VDAT ZVAITM_TBLE is not defined in the tables of the Change and Transport System.

This means that you cannot use the Transport Organizer to edit it.

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

First check whether the name of the object is correct. Then you (or the system administrator) should check the object definition, to ensure that the object was created correctly (transaction SOBJ).

If the object does not exist, then create it or delete it from the request/task.

I'm new to transports so I have no idea how to proceed.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot!

Cha Cha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cha

Can you try to open this table in SM30.

Then from there you can create a transport request for this custom table.

I hope that should help.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

I tried to do as you suggested but I got an error in SM30 when i clicked the button display:

The maintenance dialog for ZVAITM_TBLE is incomplete or not defined

Message no. SV037

Diagnosis

The called function with the view/table ZVAITM_TBLE needs a special maintenance dialog which, however, either does not exist at all, or does not exist completely.

System Response

The called function cannot be performed.

Procedure

Generate the required maintenance dialog.

By the way, I tried to create another workbench request entered the following:

Program ID: R3TR

Object Type: View

Object Name: ZVAITM_TBLE

The following error message occurred:

Only edit objects from package ZSANDBOX in local requests

Message no. TK332

Diagnosis

Objects in package ZSANDBOX cannot be edited in transportable Workbench requests in the current system EC1. The transport routes are configured such that objects from package ZSANDBOX can only be edited in local Workbench requests.

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

You have the following options:

If you want to transport objects in package ZSANDBOX into the target /ZASSET/ once only, without changing the configuration of the transport routes, then create a transport of copies in the extended view of the Transport Organizer (Transaction SE01). Go to the request overview and choose Request/task -> Object list -> Include objects to include your objects in this transport of copies.

If you would like objects in package ZSANDBOX to be transported generally into the target system /ZASSET/, contact your transport administrator. In this case, the configuration of the transport routes must be corrected in the Transport Management System (TMS). For details, see the documentation on the Transport Management System.

ZSANDBOX is our custom package intended for sanbox-related activities. It is not attached to any transport route.

Please advise on how to proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cha,

Go to STMS and check what the is transport layer to which your development objects are attached to.

Was this system a copy of any system?

Regards

Vivek