cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error '80070002' when running report with Crystal 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A client of mine is using Crystal 9 designer and RAS. We are trying to get them to upgrade but in the mean time when ever we create a new report we get the following error:

Error '80070002'

(there is also a random file path but can't show this for privacy reasons)

From what I can make out the current set up appears to be ok: they have the correct SDK files in the right place on the production application server.

These files point to the RAS which sits on the QA application server.

When we run the report through Crystal designer the reports runs fine, however when we run it through our HR application we get the above error.

Strange thing is though all of the pre-existing reports work fine...which is why I think the set up must be correct otherwise none of the reports would run, this is only happening with new reports we are trying to create.

It's like the page tries to connect to the RAS but gets kicked out.

I've tried seraching this and other forums but have not seen anybody else with this error.

Any one got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to .NET BOE SDK forum ( assuming this is a ASP.NET app )

First thing to try is to turn logging on for RAS, stop the RAS server and add "-trace -crpetrace 7" ( I think these worked for RAS 9 ) and then look in the logs to see what the actual error is reported by CE 9. The error you posted is a COM error.

Next we need to know if this is a WEB app or Windows App and what Dev language you wrote it in?

What happens if you create a New report using the same database tables and info?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I have a webinar with my client tommorrow morning so I will try what you have suggested then get back to you. The App itself is .ASP web based and most of it is written in VB.

Funny enough I've not tried creating a report off from one of the standard pre existing db tables. So far the error occurs with new reports created from customised db tables, again I'll give this ago and let you know how I get on.

Many Thanks!

Rowell

Answers (0)