cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI CE720: java.io.IOException connecting to deployment target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We use NWDI on CE720. We can see in TCSDeployServlet that there is an import queue (some 600 requests are waiting. When we start the import from URL http://<HOSTNAME>:50500/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcSLCMS~WebUI/Deployer, the log of the import only contains the lines below:

20110511101634 Info :connected to deploy tool via p4 protocol

20110511101634 Info :deploy every archive associated to the buildspace: CED_PORTAL_D

20110511101635 Info :deployment exception for buildspace: CED_PORTAL_D //Unable to connect to <HOSTNAME>:50500 - Address already in use: connect (Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.io.IOException: Unable to connect to <HOSTNAME>:50500 - Address already in use: connect)

Seems there is a problem connecting/claiming port 50500, where this is the http port of the Java engine where the deployment should be executed. The landscape configuration has not been altered and deployed used to work fine.

I can't seem to find any articles related to this problem.Any ideas anybody?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please doublecheck again the Runtime Systems Tab (CMS webui -- Landscape Configurator -- Select the involved track on the left hand side -- Track Data -- Runtime Systems).

I assume there you have a wrong entry.

You can test your changes as per the guide whether they are correct. If you don't change anything but proceed as per the guide, I assume you'll see an error message, a similar one about connection problems:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CMS%29Q0002

(do not let yourseld confused, on the example provided on the screenshot you'll see a port ending to 18, this is only because it is an example about 700 where the SDM port was is use, but as of 710 we don't have SDM, only deploy controller that is using the P4 port).

The port for the deploy controller must end to 04 as it uses the P4 port. In your case the correct port is 50504 instead of 50500.

If this test is positive, then I assume the TCS Deployer will also start processing the requests.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Thanks for your reply.

The runtime systems are correctly configured for port 5xx04. Still, the TCS tries to connect to 5xx00.

Kindest regards, Wilbert

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

is it possible that the problem is rather about a system resource issue?

After having a look in our internal database an looking for the error " Address already in use: connect" I always run into the Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196271

Can you please check this?

Thank you!

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

A complete reboot of the server involved has cleared the queue in TCSDeployer. The deployment from CMS in NWDI still run into an error which must be investigated. I'll start a new thread for this when necessary. Thaks for your thoughts.

Kindest regards, Wilbert

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

strange then why the TCS Deployer refers to that port.

Could you please

- re-save the track PORTAL and if no improvement, then

- restart the server

Let me know whether this changes on the behaviour.

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

I saved the landscape again, but that did not solve the issue. A restart of the instance did not solve the issue as well.

I can see in the TCSDeployServlet that the first few requests that are waiting start with "CMSSYNC_". Does this mean anything specific?

Kindest regards, Wilbert

Edited by: Wilbert Jeuken on May 11, 2011 2:56 PM

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please confirm that you have checked the Development Runtime system for the Track PORTAL ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Yes, I checked the runtime systems in the Landscape Configurator, and all runtime systems contain port 5xx04. The check by opening the Deployment Substitution Parameters is successfull, it shows one record for "com.sap.portal.deploy.pcdcontent".

Kindest regards, Wilbert