SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived bill doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a bill docment which was created in 2010, now iam trying to invoice that doc, the amount goes in crores,

even when im trying to revrse this doc, its not allowing me coz of archiving,

and my consumption aslo going in high in cores coz of meter overflow,

can any body have solution's for how to reverse the archived bill doc?

Thanks,,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also change this configuration through SPRO following the path given below

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide

-->SAP Utilities
  -->Tools
     -->Archiving
        -->Define Retention Period for Archiving Objects

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not reverse a bill document which is in the retention period. You can set the retention period in tcode SARA for objects ISU_BILL, ISU_BILLZ, ISU_PRDOCH and ISU_PRDOCL. Click on the 'Customizing' tab and you can set the retention period in 'Define retention period'.

Please change the retention periods according to your requirement. If you want to change customer's data which is 4 years old, set the retention period for all the objects under the above 4 objects as (4 x 365) days.

You will be able to reverse a bill or print document only if it is less older than the retention period.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Thank you very much .

0 Kudos

Hi Nirmlaya,

If i change the retention period days ( 365 to 450..)does it effect to any financial side?

what will be the effects when we change the retention period days? is it advisable?

if you have idea please share me.

Cheers..

0 Kudos

Hi,

Change in retention period will only impact the number of days you are allowed to trigger the reversal of the document. If you change the retention period from 365 to 450 days, you will be able to reverse the bill / invoice documented created 450 days earlier from system date.

If the posting period is closed of those invoice document when it was posted, you can reverse the invoice document with a date (may be system date) when posting period is open. The reversal amount entries will be transferred to GL on the reversal posting date.

Change in retention period is decided by business. If they want to change their documents which are upto 450 days older, you can change the retention period.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Hi Nirmlaya,

Thank you very much for that info, its very helpfull.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also change this configuration through SPRO following the path given below

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide

-->SAP Utilities
  -->Tools
     -->Archiving
        -->Define Retention Period for Archiving Objects