Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

troubles with linking subreport with an SAP Query variable

alexander_jost
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have a main report mith a subreport placed in the detail section.

Both reports base on an Bex Query and have Query-variables. While linking the subreport i can not select the parameter which is based on the Bex variable in the subreport.

While connecting other parameters /variables i learned, that Crystal cannot determine the type of data of a Bex variable, right?

Because of that i built formulas which convert my values into strings and these strings can i connect in the subreport linking.

Unforntunately this does not work with this on variable. In Bex this is a Number. I tried to link with the corresponding field in the Detail section (which is a number, too) and i tried with the string, but both does not work. I can not select this Parameter.

Any idea how to determine the datatype of this Parameter (based on Bex Variable) i have to provide?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

the variables need to have the same types and what you want to do is to link the parameters to each other - not the fields.

ingo

alexander_jost
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Well, i knew that thing with the same types already, as i mentioned it in my post.

In this problematic case I want to connect a field of the detail row to a prameter in the subreport. This Parameter is coming from a Bex Variable. I treid with values of oll types - it doesn't work. How can i determine the type that Crystal assignes to the Be variable?

Alex

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the variable gets the data type from the underlying characteristic.

Ingo

Answers (0)