cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABR delta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using 2LIS_02_ITM. It uses ABR images for 0recordmode.

I found in psa for a certain PO, the image is Blank which means After image.There is no other images.

I like to clarify what does this mean.

Does it mean that this is a new record and no change was ever applied to the time of delta queue entry creation and subsequent load in BI?

Or does this mean its a CHANGED record where AFTER IMAGE indicates a change and after image could not have come from a new record which should be indicated by recordmode N?

Please help confirm for me this understanding.

best regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi john,

Once a new entry is posted or an existing posting is changed at R/3 side, an after image shows the status after the change, a before image shows the status before the change with a negative sign and the reverse image shows the negative sign next to the record while indicating it for deletion.

So in your case if you are seeing only blank in 0recordmode and there is no other images , that means its a new record .

Also check the PDF found in the below link regarding recordmode concept in delta management :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5080c337-81e5-2c10-97af-8929424f3...

Hope the above reply was helpful.

Kind Regards,

Ashutosh Singh

Edited by: Ashutosh Singh on May 11, 2011 11:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Does it mean that for ABR, there will be no 'N' recordmode (new record)?

regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just to correct my previous post i said :'So in your case if you are seeing only blank in 0recordmode and there is no other images , that means its a new record .' It should be actually 'So in your case if you are seeing only blank in ROCANCEL field in datasource and there is no other images , that means its a new record .'

See , in standard extractors we have a field called as ROCANCEL which is mapped to your 0recordmode in BI side .

So if a new record is coming from ECC i.e in this case a 0recordmode will be N.

If an existing record is changed then 0recordmode will have value 'X' signalling that its a previous image and blank meaning that it is an after image.

In case of DSOs only after image goes to the active table and in change log you can find the two entries .

If its a cube directly , both before and after images will be sent with previous image as negative value .

Hope the above reply was helpful.

Kind Regards,

Ashutosh Singh

Answers (0)