Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save text in a custom table

former_member581430
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

Theres a field text in a custom table which is like PO header text

i have created a text editor on a screen to input data in that field

Now i have to save that text in the table

im trying to use the fm 'SAVE_TEXT' but i dont know which tdobject,tdname,tdid to use to save that data in the custom table

Can you please indicate me how to do it

8 REPLIES 8

pawan_rai
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

In the Header you will get the name object and id.

Regards,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Since u r trying to insert the text into custom table.

For this u need to capture the text entered in text editor and concatenate into one variable of type string and then insert into u r custom table. For this u can not use the SAVE_TEXT. Since function module require text id & object.

Regards,

Raghu.

0 Kudos

hi, thanks for your reposnse

but how long can i concatenate the data? I should have definite length, right?

0 Kudos

Hi,

It will depend on the data type and length of the field you use in the custom table to store this text data.

Regards,

harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Defind text field data type as string. Then directly store the text in to the respective field. No need to use any function module .

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Defind text field data type as string. Then directly store the text in to the respective field. No need to use any function module .

Ram

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

You need not use functional module SAVE_TEXT for this purpose.

You can capture the data field under which you have created the TEXT AREA and pass it into a local string and finally insert into your custom table.

This wil solve your problem.

Thanks,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

by using FM SAVE_TEXT you will not be able to save it to your custom table.

ALL texts are stored in Tables STXH and STXL.

I anyway wonder how you think we can save a text to a field. I mean the text can have infinite length. no field can be infinite.