cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid same user releasing both level of PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two level release codes in PO release strategy. The problem is system is allowing same user to release both levels which should not be. So we want system should not allow the same user to release both level of one PO.

Could you please some one give input on how to avoid?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats bcoz this user must be having authorization to release at both the levels.

Authorization object : M_EINK_FRG can control this.

Say if your release code for the 1st level is R1 and second level is R2

Assign to user Code R1 only for FRGCO.

You can check this object in Tc Su24.

Put transaction as me28.

You need to take help of basis to assign this object in Tc pfcg.

regards

Sangeeta

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to create Diffferent Roles for each release level and assign the different role to each user. you need to assign this Release codes under release group to the user ID ,Authorization object is M_EINK_FRG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks your reply.

But the problem is same user would have authorization for both role, becuase for some PO one user is first level releaser and same user will be act as second level releaser some time. So this user play role for both level. But when this user is releaing first level for one PO, then he should not release the second level for same PO.

When the same user is assigned in second level, then he should not release the first level. But he should have authorization for both levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any other criteria to become as 1st level approver or 2nd level approver ? If so try to control using that characteristic. Like if its based on the document type / Purchase group / Plant / CC / user dept etc

If not then you need to go for some abap development, where in when the 2nd approval happens system should check for the first approver of that document & if its same UID, then lets throw the error.

regds,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please some one provide information about Is there any user exit or BADI to acheive this?

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create multiple release codes and assign in the release strategy and then use the Auth. Object as suggested in the earlier post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try user exit or BADI

EXIT_SAPMM06E_006, EXIT_SAPMM06E_008

BADI: ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

Check from CDHDR and CDPOS the user who released the 1st level and if the same user tries to release the second level error message is thrown for transaction code Me28 and Me29n.

Regards

sangeeta