cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the Isolation Level to Read Uncommitted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using BO XI r3 and SQL Server 2008. I would like to change the isolation level of the connection to read uncommitted. There are 2 options that i could by Googling..

1. Making changes in the SBO file... this didnt work

2. Making changes in the connectinit... even this didnt work

i am not sure if there is anything else to done... but i tried quering a table with a lock, the report got stuck so i am guessing that the settings didnt work

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

this is the only method for changing the transaction isolation level.

Locate the path to your odbc.sbo file
Click the connection in UDT and when server responds Click the Details button
scroll down to the sbo line
That is the file location of your sbo file (this will be the same on client and server)
This change needs to be done, for client and servers both
The isolation can only be set for the global connection.  Not per universe.
Locate the file and make a backup before making any changes

Find the Tag
<DataBase Active="Yes" Name="MS SQL Server 2008">
Below that tag should be a "Force SQLExecute" Parameter
Like This
<Parameter Name="Force SQLExecute">Procedures</Parameter>
ADD this line
<Parameter Name="Transaction Isolation Level">READ_UNCOMMITTED</Parameter>
Save the odbc.sbo
After client and server are changed
Restart SIA
Run the webi document again.

Locations of the sbo file:

R2: <Installation Directory>:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\rdbms

R3: <Installation Directory>:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\rdbms

BI4: <Installation Directory>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\rdbms

To make these changes effect, you have to restart ‘CMS server’, ‘the Connection Servers’, ‘Webi Report Server’ from ‘Central Configuration Manager’ (CCM).

Information is available in the Data Access guide

Jacqueline

former_member213977
Participant
0 Kudos

Jacqueline,

Thank you very much for the detailed steps I appreciate it!

Thanks,

Tiff

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jacqueline,

I tried it which you have suggested, but when i try to save that odbc.sbo file, I am getting like"Access Denied". I connected as administrator, Could you please tell me why i am getting like this?

Surekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great information!  Except, change the underscore to a space in the parameter or you'll get an error message when running queries.

Should be:

<Parameter Name="Transaction Isolation Level">READ UNCOMMITTED</Parameter>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

I've the same requirement, we're using XI 3.1 with connection to DB2 9.7. I've found db2.sbo file on folder D:\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\db2\. However, I'm wondering what's the difference of client side and server side. I searched all 😧 disk and only find this file. Could you please point that?

Thanks!

Regards,

Jeff

former_member213977
Participant
0 Kudos

Vignesh,

Were you able to discover why that didn't work and how to properly do it? I'm running into the exact same issue.

Thanks,

Tiff