cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The color of SUPPRESS in display queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed when dispalying a node's queue that it is sometimes color blue while sometimes its gray. What's the difference?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

grey indicates a context change....while blue indicates suppress meaning no output will be produced....some search on SDN can give you couple of threads where this is discussed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I noticed when dispalying a node's queue that it is sometimes color blue while sometimes its gray. What's the difference?

Before XI 3.0 SP 13 the colour for suppress was blue. Then it changed to gray. In PI 7.0 and 7.1 it is always gray.

So when you see something blue, I assume that you work with a system that should not exist any more

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So when you see something blue, I assume that you work with a system that should not exist any more 😉

SAP PI 7.11 SP05 does show SUPPRESS in blue....though the last entry is shown in gray

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> SAP PI 7.11 SP05 does show SUPPRESS in blue....though the last entry is shown in gray

You are right. In this blog it is blue, even it is the "new" version of the mapping tool:

/people/rohit.kalugade/blog/2008/12/08/context-and-queue-in-message-mapping-udf

The last suppress, which is gray, is not a suppress, it is a context change, or the end of the queue.(Fig 😎

In a context change the last value of the queue is repeated by error (as you have already mentioned)

So in fact you have in Fig 8 for the target queue:

queue start

suppress

suppress

suppress

context change

suppress

suppress

suppress

context change

suppress

suppress

suppress

queue end

Edited by: Stefan Grube on May 12, 2011 2:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wiredin,

Please go through the below link so that you may get some idea about context change in PI.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1832] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks and Regards,

Pruthvi