cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing variable input to planning function through wad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a variable restricted for date which is user input ready in query designer

I have used fox formula for creating planning function with the same variable.

I am using WAD and executing planning function on fox formula from it.

when I execute wad template i get two variable input screen for same variable.. first for query and second for planning function. I want to avoid repeated input of value for this variable

the selection of value that i use in first window should be applied to fox formula function.

how do I achieve it.??

Regards

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You get two same variables in variable screen or when you execute the sequence ?

If you are talking about variable screen goto WAD->Web Template Parameters->and set "Display Same Variable ... (MELT_VARIABLES)" to ON.

Regards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

second Pop up comes while calling a planning function.

Regards,

Shweta

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

and how many variables are requested in the pop up?

If more than the one you mentioned so far, then you have to do a data binding also for the other variables.

If there is only one variable, then the data binding ist not correct yet.

Please give detailed info what you have selected for the data binding.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am done with whatever steps u have given but my prob is ... I have to give same variable input to query as well as planning function.. and that is why it is asking me input twice.

So is there any option that once i give value for that variable for query it takes that value in planning fun.

Regards,

shweta

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at which point comes the second pop-up - when starting the web application or when calling the function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hey thanks for your reply.It was really helpfull.

But I have two windows for same variable input which i want to avoid so that first selection is carryforward.

Now with your solution I am able to retain the first value given to this variable but in second window user is able to change it which I want to avoid because it affects my output.

how do I achieve this??

Regards,

Shweta

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

if the settings are done right, there should be not pop up asking for the variables for the planning sequences.

Is there only one variable in this pop up or any more?

Maybe you have to change the variable / variables to optional instead of mandatory.

regards

Cornelia

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

how do the users run the function? Did you create a button for it?

What command is used in the button - run sequence or run function?

I use only sequences.

When creating the button you have to specify the sequence to run and also how to fill the variables - it is in the same pou-up just above the sequence name.

first you have to specify the variable (technical name) (always go to the buttons with the little dot in the middle)

then choose selection binding

then choose binding by variable

then name your variable again which will be filled when the query is run.

that´s it

Cornelia