Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove transaction access from users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have both ESS and R3 users(who are also ESS) in our project. We want to restrict an important transaction P*** which is accessible by all.

I have seen in suim --> roles --> by transactional assignments. There are few roles which contains those transactions but those are not assigned to all users only a few users.

Then I have created a dummy user and assigned only the ESS roles to it. which was made by copying from the standard ess roles. and I have seen that This user can access that transaction.

It means the transaction is somewhere in the ess roles but I cant find where it is.

Kindly tell how to remove it.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls try using SUIM -> By Authorization Value -> S_TCODE..

(your P**** tcode may be part of su24 of other tcode which is in role menu)

--Kamal

0 Kudos

...or contained in an interval (like S_TCODE= M* - R*)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means the transaction is somewhere in the ess roles but I cant find where it is.

If you are following a certain naming convention for these ESS roles then you can easily find the roles that contain a particular tcode in SUIM.

In SUIM select Roles-->Roles by complex selection criteria, and in the next screen that pops up you can mention the role(if you are following a certain naming convention for ESS roles, for ex. all ESS roles starts with E then you can put as E*) and in the Object field put S_TCODE(press enter) and Transaction code field put the Tcode which you are looking for.

Hope this might help you.

Regards,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction codes are present in role at two different places.

1. You can check the role menu where you can find the T-code and remove it.

2. You can go inside the role and check the Object S_TCODE which may contain the required T-code in terms of interval also like A-Z due to which user will have access to that T-code.

3. There might be a case a T-code may be internally calling another T-code (you can check that from SE93) in that case S_TCODE for the Transaction code which is checked when T-code is ran is not checked and user might still have access to that T-code. So it might be that the T-code that you want to restrict that is P*** might be called after executing any other T-code as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I Agree with Deepak ,

Transaction can be checked in a role in Menu Tab, or in S_Tcode or user having access to a transaction S**** may be calling the transaction P****.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maybe looking at this from a table entry view may help as we haven't had a response back on the recent replies I'm assuming they aren't helping?

For the test user try outputting table AGR_USERS and then running table AGR_1251 populated with the list of roles already discovered from AGR_USERS. Do you see the transaction in field TCD? Try pivot table from exel...

Apart from this clunky method the previous replies cover it all perfectly anyway - just wondered if there was any progress on the post?

Cheers

David

goldy_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

One of the best way is to check the table AGR_TCODES:

goto SE16 put table name AGR_TCODES EXECUTE IT.

put the name of tcode in field extended program P***** and in Agr name put * then execute it.

it will give you list of all role having tcode P*****.

Cheers

Goldy Verma

0 Kudos

Hi Goldy

Please refer to the previous posts in this thread as AGR_TCODES is limited to transactions present on the menu.

Hi

Pls try using SUIM -> By Authorization Value -> S_TCODE..

(your P**** tcode may be part of su24 of other tcode which is in role menu)

--Kamal

@ OP: it would be helpful to be given the actual transaction so that we can dig further using a real example rather than a hypothetical...

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on May 25, 2011 10:18 PM