Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning of dependant requirements in continuous production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The scenario is as follows.

We are producing a bulk material and packing it in to bags. We have orders for bulk material and packaging material. This is a continuous production. i.e. we donu2019t have to wait till the completion of the bulk material production to start the packing.

Just after the production of 1st batch of bulk, I can start packing. This means the bulk material order and packing material order are overlapped. How can I map this scenario in R/3 MRP so that the overlap appears in the scheduling?

Thanks & Regards

Prathib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I think is to have two different orders for the material you are producing and packaging material.

Process these two orders independent of each other with seperate planning for both materials (produced good and packaging materil).

Then you can have a one more material having the above two materials as its components and produce it using REM.

Please share your thoughts.

Pavan

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my knowledge you can have operation confirmation or partial confirmation if the operation is not complete and can confirm the first operation or quantity and start your next operation which is packing.

Hopes this helps, please revert back.

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is not in confirmation. System allows that. My question is about the scheduling of these two orders. Now as per std SAP, the start date of packing order is at the end of bulk material order. What Iam looking for is an overlap when I run MRP.

Any experts in process manufacturing /continuous manufacturing, please help

Thanks & Regards

Prathib

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathib,

This is a well known issue; unfortunately, there's no overlaping between orders, only operations of an order.

So you have two solutions:

1- include the packing activity in the the same routing as the production, thus reduce the number of orders to 1 (from 2).

2- in case this is nonsense, breakdown the lot sizes into smaller lots, like 1 batch in production. This way you can start packing after the first batch.

Regards,

Mario

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please try with the setting of scheduling of order ,

T Codes are :- OPU3, OPU5, and OUPZ are per your process,

Adjust Dates = Do not adjust the basic date.

Second way to do this is with lead time off-Set you can set in BOM component details,

During MRP, planned orders are created and scheduled to meet the material requirements. MRP run does not check capacity loads. If a resource is used for the production of more than one material (or if individual requirements are created for the same material at the same day) capacity overload may occur. So please use capacity planning.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prathib,

What I am looking for is an overlap when I run MRP.

I am going to assume that the 'bulk material' is a component of the 'packing material'. I believe you can achieve your requirement through your BOM explosions. The dates of dependent requirements can easily be offset from the start date of the higher level (packing) order.

One method is to assign portions of the Bulk component BOM to different routing operations of the higher level (packing) production order. For this to work, you obviously must have more than one operation in the higher level (packing) order. You also must use Lead time scheduling during the MRP run to make this work for the planned orders.

A second method is to use a fixed offset. In this case, the lower level (bulk) order completion date is offset from the higher level (packing) start date by a fixed duration of days. This offset can be entered at the detailed item level in the BOM (CS02)

Finally, you can create a distribution function (OPB3), and a distribution key (OSPA), in which you can fine tune exactly the timing of the dependent requirements, using 'percentage of completion logic'. This distribution key can then be assigned at the detailed item level of the BOM.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/7d2b2b44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ea/e9b42c4c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies.

I think with the distribution key and by capacity planning I can manage this scenario.

Thanks a lot for the support

Regards

Prathib