cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to install sybase unwired platform 1.5.2.It shows the errors as shown below.

when installing the data tier it throws an error as Error in startservice API call..The advantage database server could not be started automatically.It also throws an error saying that sybase messaging service and teh dependency server failed to start.

Can anyone help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am already having a license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever find out what the error was? I am having the same problem with Sybase's message service/server.

BR

Lasse Finderup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried manually starting the database server i get the same error saying dependent services have to be started.But when i try to run the database server from services.msc it starts perfectly but i cannot start the SUP server it throws an error saying that the server cannot be started and the process is terminated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha

Can you login to SCC ?

If yes then check for the license option in the properties of the SUP server.

I have seen this error when my 30 day development trial license was complete.

Also check the logs of the Unwired server for more detailed error log.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two errors we are getting as below

1.I am getting a pop saying that Error iin Start Service API call.The advantage database server could not be automatically started.

2.Unable to start the sybase messaging service .The dependency service or group failed to start

These are the two errors.

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Can you try to start the advantage database server service manually

then try to start the Messaging server service manually too

Please send the server log file section for th error if any and also see if you find a Bootstrap file in SUP server Log files folder

thanks

shobhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already have local administrator rights.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can u post the exact errors

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha

You need local system administrator access to install SUP. This is because SUP makes registry entries and also creates new Windows Services.

Thanks

Pradeep Gudipati