cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated transformation after transport request imported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have encountered a strange situation. The transformations that are linked between a DataSource and a data target is duplicated twiced, one is transformation has CRD (development) as part of the description and the other one has CRP (production) as part of the description, and both are inactive. It looks like CRD transformation could not be converted to CRP transformation. The error log said it could not find the DataSource, but the DataSource is there.

Transformations between data targets are fine, never had any problems. Looks like it only occurs to transformations that are between a DataSource and data target.

Landscape details:

CRM source system is CRD and its target system is CRP.

BW source system is BWD and its target system is BWP.

BWD -> CRD (Development)

BWP -> CRP (Production)

System information:

BW system: BI7 with 701 release, 0006 level, SAPKW70106 highest support package.

SAP_ABA 701 0006 SAPKA70106

SAP_BASIS 701 0006 SAPKB70106

PI_BASIS 701 0006 SAPK-70106INPIBASIS

SAP_BS_FND 701 0006 SAPK-70106INSAPBSFND

SAP_BW 701 0006 SAPKW70106

SAP_AP 700 0019 SAPKNA7019

WEBCUIF 700 0006 SAPK-70006INWEBCUIF

BBPCRM 700 0006 SAPKU70006

ST-A/PI 01M_CRM570 0000 -

These DataSource have been migrated from 3.5 to 7.x with export options.

Another observation, the first transformation import with new changes, it created both CRD and CRP transformations in BWP (BW production), I need to delete the CRD transformation and re-import the transformation again, and it imported ok without creating another CRD transformation.

Regards,

Joe

Edited by: Joe Wong on May 11, 2011 5:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this, if you can create a Fresh transformation in Dev box. Delete the CRD transformation and collect it in a transport request. Transport the request to Prod box. It should delete the CRD transformation. And then you can move the newly created transformation to the Prod box.

For the CRP, transformation you can directly delete it in the Production.

Regards,

Tanushree

former_member875856
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Have you solved this issue? i have same problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuseppe,

I had logged a SAP message before, thier only advise was to transport the DataSOurce at the same time when you transport the transformation that is between a data target and a DataSource. In the past, I even transported the source system, say CRD, even the BW system said it is not possible, I did it anyway to ensure the consistency between objects.

The least i can do at the moment is to remove the duplicated one by calling class "CL_RSTRAN_STAT", execute "DELETE_VERSION_FROM_DB" method, put the transformation key and the object version, it will remove it without opening up the production or QA system. I will get back to SAP to re-open the call as there is not just us having the same problem. Once i have got the solution, i will post it back here again.

Regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your BWP system there should be an entry for converting the logical system names after transport.

you should have an entry like....CRD --> CRP (Admin work bench --> Tools menu --> Conv of logical sys names)

I suspect the above entry was missing initially or there was another entry which is not needed like CRD --> CRD in BWP. So the objects when moved from BWD to BWP were still pointing to CRD sys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Murali: The logical conversion for source system setting has been setup correctly since our 3.5 version of BW, thanks for the suggestion.

Here is my finding, I can't explain why and how, I had never had to this in 3.5 version of BW.

When transporting the transformaiton, if the transformation is between a DataSource (from an external SAP system), you need to transport the DataSource as well, even though there is no change to that DataSource linked to the transformation you are about to transport.

I have done some testings, found out you need to transport the DataSource (from an external SAP source system) as well as the transformation that requires an update or change. I understand the external SAP source system DataSource is landscape dependent, just I didn't have to transport DataSource before. Again, this only happens if the transformation is between an external SAP source system and BW data target.

Thanks all.

Regards,

Joe

Answers (0)