Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing PAR files into NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Some questions that I hope someone can verify:

1. When we download a PAR file from Portal and import into NWDS, do references to JAR files not get imported? (for e.g. I see the Portal Logon component require adding of certain jar files)

2. What are the differences between the PAR files in the following path (downloaded via System admin>support>Portal Runtime>Browse 😞

-ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp

-ROOT/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps

Thanks,

ZM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenmin,

Once you imported the PAR file, you need to add required JAR file in lib folder in your project. You can find the JAR file in lib folder once you extract the PAR file.

Best Regards,

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever a PAR file is imported into the NWDS the JAR files will not be imported automatically.You need to copy it in the right location manually.

Regarding the second question , ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp will have the complete PAR file (also I compared the size of logon PAR file)

-ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp --356234

-ROOT/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps--4096

I guess the different path are for different necessity of the same portal application. While temp folder has the PAR file of the portal application, the portalapps might contain files and reference to launch the Portal application.

When you download from the portalapps folder you will not get the PAR file.

Any information on the second question are welcome..

Regards

Karthiheyan M